Thursday, June 30, 2016

First Trip to Prigel Creamery

Lisa and I had been messaging and realized that we both had plans to go to Boordy for the family friendly events.  When we arrived, Mr. Funk had already secure a picnic table, which was an awsome treat.  We typically just do a blanket on the lawn.  There was definitely an advantage to having a table but getting there early is sometimes a struggle.  The boys loved getting to walk around with Emma and listening to the music.  After eating their dinner and seeing Ben and his family indulge in ice cream, both boys asked for some.  Unfortunately, Prigel had run out of the flavors other than black cherry so we were off to Prigel to see what they had.  I had confirmed that there was going to be all flavors available at the creamery.

Before we left, I took a picture of the boys remembering that we had taken them almost 6 years  prior to Boordy for their first time.  So, a little flashback is in order.




We quickly found Prigel and it was a beautiful setting.  There is often a cow crossing each day but we've never been.  I can only imagine how much the boys would love to see the cows coming across the street in an effort to return home for the night.  It is on our to do list and we hope to make it happen.


Connor picked Chocolate Chip and Jackson chose lemon, which really surprised me.  But, they both loved their ice cream.  Jackson was willing to let me taste some but Connor who isn't a big sharer told me no (he gets it from me so I completely understand).  Now I know that I'll have to get my own.

The boys have always had a fickle relationship with ice cream.  They typically will ask for it, eat a couple of spoonfuls and then be done.  They've never really liked anything cold, going to back to formula and milk and Connor still will not drink cold milk so it makes sense.

Apparently, at 6 years old, they've discovered a love of ice cream.   Congratulations boys!!






It was the first of what we expect to be many visits to Prigel this summer to indulge in some homemade ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment