Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street??

Well, it has happened. I had tried and tried to keep the boys away from that furry red creature but recently caved in and let them watch Big Bird and friends. However, it is no longer about Big Bird and Cookie and Michael's favorite - "Count van Count." Elmo is the main character and CAN NOT be avoided as he is showing up in almost all of the segments.

There is just something about his high pitched voice and his bad hair that I can't stand but both of my boys can say his name that reminds me that it really never is about me anymore. When Jackson was sick with a fever, Elmo's World made him laugh out loud. It was so awesome to hear that belly laugh amidst the running nose and feverish body.

During a trip to the Tarjay, the boys and I stumbled upon the figurines. We picked up 8 of them (Yeah--yet another thing for me to track down at the end of the night and to play my all-time favorite what is it?!?) and the boys are so happy to see them that Connor puts on his jets to get downstairs in the morning to see them on his bookcase. They help encourage Jackson's hoarding behavior and allow him more options in his budding career as a "stager." I guess it is a win-win for all involved especially since they are just figures and I don't have to hear his voice.




note: We are still not sure that Connor knows that the other people are not Elmo. He scream/screeches "Elmo" "Elmo" when holding all of the figures. However, if we ask him to bring us one of the other, he happily obliges. And, the boys are still more interested in watching their Baby Einstein or Classical Baby dvd's than Big Bird and friends but it is not on the forbidden list anymore.

so, the furry red high pitched puppet made it into the house but there is no way that Thomas is entering (story to be hopefully not continued)....

No comments:

Post a Comment