Wednesday, October 30, 2013

N3 Halloween Party

The boys had their Halloween Party at school and it was so very exciting for them since they really really understand Halloween and apparently we can thank school for that besides my efforts.  I got to see a glimpse of what all of the paint on their shirts was representing -- their treat bags.


 

On the Sunday prior to the party, I was looking for something on Amazon and the boys spotted the book - "the Big Pumpkin" and had me read the small excerpt that was available to them and after I was done, they proceeded to read the rest of it to me. I was in complete shock as I wasn't aware that this was something that they were working on.  I made sure to order the book for their reading enjoyment.

The teacher played the CD for us to listen to and most of the kids were able to recite the majority of the story.  Connor joined in but Jackson just listened despite knowing as much of it as his friends.  It's as if he decided to be shy all of a sudden.



Top Row - Andrew, Maggie, Celia, Eli
    Bottom Row - Allie, Emily and Rebecca



Top Row - Warren, Brooke, Jackson
Bottom Row - Gilian and Kim


Connor, Hadley and Paeton


After listening to the Big  Pumpkin, the kids treated us to a rendition of 5 Little Pumpkins.   It was great.

Peter and his pal, Cinderella, a/k/a Brooke. Shh. Don't tell Tinker Bell. She's really jealous.


The Captain showing off his costume with great pride. Connor's teacher told me how appropriate that the costume was for him and we couldn't agree more.


Friends.




Our proud Captain!!!!


As we were getting ready to leave, Jackson moved on to the trains so obviously the party was over.  But, we were so happy to included in the party and are looking forward to the trick-or-treating.



No comments:

Post a Comment