Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

On the Sunday of Mother's Day, my boys and I went to brunch at the Cheesecake Factory but my celebrating started the Friday before. Michael and the boys got me a day at the spa. It was ah-mazing. He even arranged for childcare while I was getting pampered and told me that the main reason that he wanted to do it on a Friday was that he wanted me to get a "real" break and that doing it on the weekend when he was there didn't accomplish that goal. Score for the hubby.

The pics from our brunch are mostly of Michael and Connor and that's fine with me since their interactions were nothing less than hysterical to watch from my side of the table. I had brought a table topper to attach to the table and Michael and Connor were wrestling with the topper for a considerable period of time and I'm just so happy that I had brought the camera to share the moments. It was sooo funny. In the end, Connor won as Michael pulled it up from the table and just helped feed him (which he prefers anyway).

On my second mother's day and my first as a stay at home mother, I can't put into words how amazingly happy that I am to be Jackson and Connor's mother. They couldn't be more different yet be brothers and that is what makes it amazing. It is hard but nothing worth having isn't and I wouldn't trade it even on the worst day on the chance that I would miss the opportunity to see them both grow up. It is my privilege to see the world through their eyes.

I found this online and it is so true...

Two faces to wash, and four dirty hands
Two insistent voices, making demands
Twice as much crying, when things go wrong
The four eyes closing, with slumber song
Twice as many garments, blowing on the line
Two cherubs in the wagon, soaking up sunshine
Work I do for twins, naturally comes double
But four arms to hug me, repay all my trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment